Sunday, September 6, 2015

Alex Ross Fan Art 9-6-15


I did this Alex Ross Batman drawing in my 5" x 7" watercolor sketchbook using water soluble graphite pencils.  This is my first drawing using these (new to me) pencils and I really enjoyed the process.  I then went over the entire sketch with a wash of ultramarine blue watercolor.  In the third one I added a blue ink wash for the background which for some reason takes on a green tint when I try and blend it out - - perhaps it has something to do with chemicals present in the tap water I used.  I'm not sure which one of the three I prefer.  I may go back and increase the value of the darks on the mask and face, but I'm not sure.  The first two only exist in digital form at this point, but I will be able to look back at this post to help with future ideas.

No comments: