Saturday, April 26, 2014

Looking Back

I recently noticed that the drawing below was done in 2004 - - which as you know was 10 years ago.  This of course started me thinking about why I started drawing again and all of the different types of drawings, digital paintings and occasional traditional painting I have done over the past 10 years as well as the years before that.  The first part of my harking is easy enough to answer.  Although I drew a fair amount as a kid, it wasn't until my own kids started to draw with something other than crayons that I started to take a more serious approach.  I can sum up the difference in my artistic approach as an adult with one word - - patience.  I would credit "willingness to erase" as the second most important change to my ability to produce a quality drawing.  A scroll through the past 10 years of art work leaves me with a feeling of improvement/progress, but I continue to be inspired by other artists as I learn and incorporate new ideas into each piece I begin.


No comments: